Sunday, August 21, 2005

The Claw

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

My love life
is like the claw
you know
that damn machine
we always convince ourselves
will catch a prize
everytime I play this damn thing
I reach for the biggest prize
isnt that what we all do
dont we always swear
that this one time
well grab onto something
anything
because this time
wever finally mastered it
to no surprize
we win nothing
the friggin claw
takes over on its own
goes down
grabs nothing
so thats my love life
always confident
that this time
ill catch the prize
when it takes itself over
and brings me up emtpy
with nothing to show for it
except for one more effort tried
so they always say
dont look is when you find
i guess its time
to move onto
another game
give up on the claw
because obviously
i havent mastered the technique
to come out winning
jumping for joy
over the smallest
dumbest prize
cause thats all it ever is isnt it
its never really a great prize
but something small
we jump for joy
out of finally winning
finally getting something
after playing so long

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael K said...

Aw shit I love that thing

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home