Thursday, August 11, 2005

Big Ups to M.I.A.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Everyone loves music
but I
lovvvvvvvvvve
music
it takes me through the rough times
and helps me celebrate the good times
yet lately
its gotten so boring
repetitive
cliche
childish
or bland
I dont even listen to
or enjoy
music
as much as I used to
but thank heavens
once in a while
something new
refreshing
and unique
comes along
so what do we get
M.I.A.
someone recommended her to me
some months back
i hear a track or two
and enjoyed
then this sunday
i got to see her at central park
and she blew me away
mind you
i dont understand about 90%
of what shes saying
but shes great
her voice isnt annoying
her sounds are refreshing
and her beats are unique
her style in indescribable
and shes controversial
most of her songs are about
terrorism and war
shes from Sri Lanka
but was raised in england
shes almost reggae
almost alternative
almost dance
almost bhangra
almost rock
almost pop
not many people
can get away with talking about bombs on the roof
and cops coming in the windows
with an infectious dance beat
that makes you wanna get up
and enjoy the beats
but she does
and she even has a fun song on her debut
called hombre
excume little hombre-take my number
call me- i can get skweaky so you can come
and oil me
is the chorus
ive been listening to it on repeat
and its making my day
so big ups to M.I.A
and although shes from enland
I hope well be seeing lots from her
soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home