Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Searching For Answers

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

my first single ever
has finally been released
it was recorded
so long ago
and I never thought
I would get to see it surface

it played on the radio
last summer
but it was at about 3am
so there was almost no one
I could call
to share the joy
excitement
of hearing my hardwork
on the radio

it took about 6 hours
total
to record that song
3 for the concept
3 in the studio
you would never guess
some say it doesn’t sound
like me
I think it sounds
like a British man whos high
and mumbling
but I guess that’s what they
were going for
and that’s what they got
it’s the debut single for this
particular label as well
so there is excitement
all around

The downer of it all
because every good in life
has a bad
is that the single is a European release
not bad for a Puerto Rican from
the Bronx
but bad because to purchase it
makes a 10 dollar LP
comes out to about 35 American dollars
which is insane

hopefully
it will be released in the U.S.
and good things will result
so though my name isn't in lights
its in print
and somewhere
somebody in Europe
knows who I am
and that in itself
is the most exciting thing of all

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home