Tuesday, May 10, 2005

19 Inches

<<nysubw.jpg>>
Born and raised here
And im not quite sure
Ill ever understand the madness

My train is an outside station
I feel like I'm the tortoise and the hare
And each day I'm the tortoise
Except I am never winning
Each day my commute seems slower
While the rails get older
When the structures corrode
and fall apart one day
Will everyone be trainless
Until they build more tracks again
You can repair and repair
But these stations are 100 years old
There is only so much you can repair

As for the people-
I don’t think I will ever adjust

Note to all:

- If you aren't getting off for 6 more stops
Why stand in the doorway?
- If you choose to stand in the doorway
Why read the paper? Do I have to duck when exiting
Like I'm walking through the Amazon rain forest?
-If you have a leg problem, or are simply old
Why do you insist on walking in the center of the steps
Or sidewalk?
If you are slower then the average norm. Pick a side!
Left or right- just give me a chance to bypass you
We all have places to go
And besides- if you cant walk well
Shouldn’t you be holding on to a rail anyway?
-When several people are waiting for an elevator
Or the train doors to open
Why does the last person to arrive insist
on getting on first
Do they think the other are standing around taking a survey?
- Personal space.
I was once told that the average amount of personal space
For someone is 19 inches
Once another person comes within 19 of another
They become uncomfortable
Go ahead- take a ruler and try
New York is overcrowded as is
Why do others insist on always coming within 19 inches?
Especially on escalators
Skip a step
Give another space to breath
Smelling someone ass crack in front of you
While you are waiting for urban assistance
Isn't going to get you somewhere that much faster

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

JohnPaul, you can invade my 19 inches of personal space any day!

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home