Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Kingdom of Heaven


Was such a disappointment
I've never really been a big fan
Of epic films
But I had some sort of expectation
For this one.
Not sure why .
Perhaps because I am a fan
Of Ridley Scott (director)

But this film
For being 2 1/2 hours long
Was so uneventful.
I usually fall asleep
In any film I watch
Which doesn’t stimulate me
But I stood awake in this one
The entire time.
Perhaps in hopes
Of waiting for something-
Substantial
Or important
To occur.
And it never came


*Don’t read further
If you don’t want to know
The end*

He is basically made "the man"
By his dying dad.
Has the queen of a country
Fall for him.
Has their army willing to kill her husband
And make him king
To avoid war
And maintain peace
But he gets a conscience
And chooses to sit by a palm tree
In his small little town
While thousands get killed
By her greedy husband/king
Even though he already hit that (2 days earlier)
So basically people fight
And fight
And win nothing in the end
They lose!
At least in Lord of the rings
It took them 3 movies
And 9 hours out of my life
But they destroyed the damned ring
And scary looking Gullum
Kingdom of crap

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Orlando Bloom's character didn't lose the war. He stuck to his principles and surrendered Jerusalem so that all residents could live in peace. However, as we read at the end of the movie, the King of England went back to Jerusalem to keep fighting for the land. Isn't it so amazing (and incredibly sad) how people use God's name for their own purpose?

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home